2008年9月26日 星期五

Supermarket and Cooker's Heart

They really need more big supermarkets to accomadate the huge population in the cities. I went to the supermarket today to buy things before the long holidays. I would never shop in the markets during the holidays becuase it would be too crowded. But even today a weekday, the market was such a jam. People moved their shopping carts slowly in lines for foods. Many shoppers could not wait and grabbed fresh meat packs right from the chopping board. Woosh! That was really fresh cut meat. I wanted to buy some chicken legs but when I got to the shelf only the rotten or looking-bad ones were left. I bought some raw rice, eggs, lemons and DVDs, then squeezed out of the market as fast as I could. I did not buy vegetables, because I could not decide what to cook.

Been cooking everyday, I felt a bit bored and did not know what to prepare for meals. I felt I already did my best and I thought everyone was happy about it, and so was I. This morning I did not even want to prepare for breakfast. But how dare, I still woke up early and did my job. It was not inspiring at all to prepare food for Richy. Every cooker likes to see the eaters enjoy their cooking. I did not see any sign of appreciation from Richy when he had his breakfast or supper. I did get some critics from him though. However, it was quite cheering to cook for Winston. So far the only one who appreciated my cooking was Winston. He always said "Yummy" when he ate my dishes. Now I know why my mother always cooked so much food whenever we went back to the country house. Because Winston and I ate whatever she cooked and we ate like we've been hungry for days and that was a clear sign showing that we like her cooking.
I felt a bit down these days and many things seem negative to me. I am so tired of being told what to cook and what not to cook. Some family members, out of their caring hearts, even kept reminding me what to cook and what to throw. Oh, please... Stop giving me orders or suggestions..

Sanlu is one case and there may be more. But I don't want to be over-worried.

沒有留言: