2008年10月24日 星期五

We are Back (I)

A long trip back here. It took 12 hours waiting and transporting. Laundry and Cleaning were the first things I did whenever I arrived a place for overnight stay, even our houses here in China or Taiwan. And it would not end until the 3rd day after my arriving. That's part of the things that kept me busy in the past week when we were in Taiwan.
My parents-in-law were already in our house to welcome us back when we just got home. They brought us some fruit and bread. Fortunately, they did not bring us supper, because I wanted to eat out so much after the long & hungry trip. Silly me, the first thing I did after I unloaded myself was to clean the a-bit-moldy wood chairs in the dining room. Richy was angry after my parents-in-law left. He told me that it was like showing them that they didn't keep a good eye on our house. Oh, innocent me! I hadn't thought of things that way although I did hope they help let the cleaning lady in to clean our house every month. I felt misunderstood and many unhappy memories of this sort in the past just came back to me. I must be sick mentally. This tiny event could keep me down for days. Someone in Taiwan asked me whether I like China or Taiwan. I almost burst out tears. I like Taiwan, but.. So, I I like China, too.
The last few days, I was too busy to have any feelings at all. Winston had a cold and he had been running in and out with me to do many things. We went to the Law & Justice office to do some documentary certification. Don't worry, it was not a divorce document, although sometimes he was such a..... Anyway, we still love each other.
Richy went to work in Taipei for 2 days. Winston and I went to the supermarket, Cosco, banks, and the clinics. Winston was so sick and sleepy on the 4th day. He even fell into deep asleep in my shopping cart and on the bench while I picked his clothes. We bought something that was not easy to find in China. I bought some winter clothes for Winston and myself. Richy kept warning me the chilly cold weather here for winter. Our limited shopping time only allowed me to worry about the function of the clothes, no time for the looks. It was interesting that most clothes we bought were made in China, but we dare not buy them in China. We thought China's exported products might be under stricter quality restrictions. And it was so difficult to find clothes not made-in-china. I found that kids' clothes were more expensive in China than Taiwan. The one-kid policy does not just spoil the kids but also spoils the manufacturers of kids' wear.

沒有留言: