2008年11月20日 星期四

Mei-Ro Department Store 美羅百貨


I took a bus to Guang-Qian Street again. I wanted to find a winter vest for Winston and one pair of boots for myself. I thought it maybe easier to find what I need in the department store so I got in Mei-Ro. I felt my outfit did not match the aura of the store, but who cared so I walked in. Some discounts were offered $150 off every $400. I looked around and checked prices of some items. Oh no, most items cost more than $1,000RMB. Compared with the merchandises on the vendor on the same street, the prices in the department store was 10 times higher. But I really could not find kid's vest everywhere so I still wanted to find it here. So I went to the kids floor. The prices of kid's clothes varied from $300 to $2,000 RMB. I still could not get my money out for this price. I thought I would never visit this place again so I felt I need to buy one thing as a souvenir. I went to kids' shoes. The prices were around $398 to $2,000, still high. Then I saw one pair of boots on special sale-過期+零碼出清, after the discount it was $149, sounded reasonable. I also bought a pair of boots on the second floor for myself. Oh! I guess I forgot the price.
The style and the quality of the goods in the department store were great. If not for the prices, it was very easy to find and buy things. I Wonder where were all the wealthy customers from? How could they spent so much? The average workers' wages are just around $1,200. And one kid's boots could cost them a monthly wage. Cheap labor plus Low cost of materials should equal to a low priced product. If not, that means someone in between deprives all the profits. And the gap between the rich and poor would never get closer. So, the rich will always shop in Mei-Ro, and the poor can only shop around the vendors. Then what am I on earth? When I shop in the department stores, I feel mysef poor. When I shop around the vendors, I feel myself rich. We must be one of the middles.

After I walked out of the department store, I shopped in the stores on the street. And everything seemed to be a good bargain. So I spent some money. I could not remember what I just bought.

Next time, if you just get out of the department store, don't shop on the street vendors or stores. Go straight home.

沒有留言: