2009年5月26日 星期二

No Trash, No Cash

To my visitors:

It is hard to remote-control a screen without seeing it, but I still enjoy writing and feel good about talking to someone in my blog.

Sometimes you see my post doubled or removed, that is because I could not review my own blog while editing.

----------------------------------

Thanks for all comments.  I can read them in my mail.  Sorry that I could not answer your comments in my blog.

----------------------------------

No Trash, No Cash

That day I rode my new bike on the street in the early morning at 6:00.  The street cleaning workers were preparing for work.  One old woman worker threw a white broken plastic bag into the sky. The bag flew with the wind and landed on a green plain. She checked around to see if anyone noticed it.  She must have treated me as no-body.  Littering is not such a big deal here.  But, the picture of a cleaning worker throwing trash looked very "unique" to me.  I was curious about her motive. Maybe she wanted to create more trash so she would not lose the job? Maybe she was doing it as a voiceless protest about her extremely low wage. Or, before putting on her work robe, she was just one of the walkers littering for others to clean up.  


The other day, I was on my bike in the early morning again.  This time I rode to a different place.  On the way back, I saw the same cleaning worker on the street corner waiting for the traffice lights.  Then I realized that the workers changed work robe and got all tools in one place and rode the tricycles to their designated work areas afterwards. That day, when I saw her throwing a plastic bag, she was just getting ready.  She threw trash because that area was not her business.  That is why we see, and we need cleaning workers every minute everwhere in Su-Zhou. 

 
What Keep Men Away?

That afternoon I was on my bike.  On the sidewalk, a pretty lady (looked pretty on the back with long hair, wearing lady-dress) holding an unbrella, walking and carrying a bag.  On the way toward her, slowly walked a handsome young man.  Then I started my imagination about the young man picking up a conversation with the young lady. As three of us got closer and closer, the young man.... did not do anything but walk away.  And I looked at the lady's bag.  She was carring Bampers, diapers for babies. I realized why my imagination did not come true.  Diapers or babies always keep men away,even at home. 

沒有留言: