2008年9月18日 星期四

Change Violin Teacher

I decided to change Winston's violin teacher based on 2 points: 1) the teacher taught in a very old fashion and slow way, her teaching did not interest me, not to say Winston, 2) we met three times and she talked about tuition 3 times. The former was the key point to my decision. One more reason is that she lives too far from us. If I drove to her house, there was no place to park my car, and if she rode to my house, she asked for additional money which was more than the transportation fee needed. I felt awkward but still decided to fire her. For some local residents, when they know we are from Taiwan, they charge more for everything while some would not. The violin teacher charged me since the first time Winston and I went for a short interview with her. After the 3rd time she mentioned that she wanted a raise, I felt I need a change.

Someone who came to my house to tune up our piano recommend one teacher to me yesterday. I took Winston there after school. The teacher was very good and his teaching was very interactive. The most important thing was that " I did not smell the scent of money on him". He taught Winston a lot during the interview. I told him I would pay for the teaching, but he said no need. He said he just wanted to know more about the new student in the first interview. He sounded very different from the present teacher we have.
I felt he was someone interested in teaching violin not in making money.

沒有留言: