2008年10月26日 星期日

A Quiet Sunday

Today Richy needs to attend a training class in his company and he has to attend it every other Sunday until December. Winston and I do not plan to go any place far today. I want to take it easy after the trip back home. I still got some more laundry to do and Winston needs to practice his violin.

Richy will not come back for the night. They will feast and party after the feast. What an indulging life! For some people, they might think of this a good way to socialize and relax. But I don't feel so. The party will be in a KTV with many young "smelly" perfumed ladies attending them and serve wines. It is so .... But I did not stop Richy from going to the party. I only told him to drink less and not to drive back.

We tried our new bread machine bought from Taiwan. Thanks to my sister-in-law, we bought a bread maker that makes tasty bread with the just right moisture. If without her advice we would have got one that makes stone-like dry bread. But it was so expensive that the price tripled our budget. I had made two loaves of bread after we got home. The first one failed a bit because I confused "ml" with "g". I thought they were the same. The lesson I learned from the instruction menu was that 240ml equals 150g. Why and how? Just follow it. I don't want to get confused again. Although our first bread was overly thick because too much flour had been added, Winston and Richy loved it and finished it very soon. The second one was still thick but chewy and better. Richy could not understand why our bread looked different from normal ones in the bakery stores. Our bread shape was like a square, a bit rectangle. Shouldn't it strectch up some more? However the feel and the taste was right, so I am not worried, but I will find ways to improve it. I am sure Richy will ask me to do more research or call the vendor in Taiwan sooner or later. Oh, enough of the bread thing. Winston needs get up now. What a Sunday morning!

沒有留言: