2008年11月16日 星期日

Bus Trip (Saturday)





Winston and I took a bus trip to the city Saturday. We wanted to learn how to go around by bus. We took bus 68 to Guan-Qian Street (觀前街), one of the hotest spot in the city. The bus shift was very frequent, about every 10 minutes. It only cost $1 RMB every one-way trip and no charge for Winston. It was our first bus trip in China. We were very excited and curious about what we saw on the way. When we got off the bus, we followed our instinct of direction and the crowd and finally arrived the street. All kinds of stores on the way, it was a big shopping district. Winston wanted to eat McDonald here. It was the only place we knew having McDonad in Su-Zhou. The food in China's McDonald was saltier and spicier but still tasty. We bought some winter hats from the vendors. The prices were cheaper than the ones in supermarket, and the quality was better, but of course not as good as the ones in the department stores. In China, you can finds things very cheap and things very expensive with various quality. And sometimes the prices may not match the quality.
Winston kept telling me he was still hungry. I knew he could not resist the temptation of food on the vendors. We bought some BBQ sticks and squids. I reminded the vendor that I wanted something completely cooked and less sauce on the meat. She heard me and kept turning the BBQ sticks on the rack and finally gave my order to me. Winston and I brought the meat to the park nearby and ate. You would not believe this, the meat were cold. That meaned the vendor was playing tricks to cheat. She wanted to save gas and carbon, so she only turned the BBQ sticks around and pretended the the meat was just cooked. Actually, the squids were boiled and the BBQ meat was fried and they were both cold when we bought them. Why I knew it? When I tried the squids I knew how they were cooked. And when I passed by another vendor, I saw vendors frying meat in the pot. Now I doubt I ate mice meat. I always tried to give myself and the local resturant or food providers a chance, but I always failed.

沒有留言: