2008年11月16日 星期日

2nd Bus Trip: A Pocket-Picker on Spot 公車驚魂記


I could not believe my eyes. Today we wanted to show Richy how to take the bus in Su-Zhou, so we decided to visit the Shi-Lu (石路) business district.
The bus was crowded, so we walked toward the exit door one stop earlier and waited for our stop to get off. I had to hold the hanger on my top and watched Winston holding the bar beside the door, so my head kept turning. Then I saw a greedy hand moving quietly in one lady's bag. The bag had a clean cut. It must be cut by a sharp knife. I could not believe my eyes and watched it more time. It was real. And I moved my eyes to the greedy hand's owner. Fortunately, he did not look at me, nor did he look at the bag. He stood behind two people and only one hand sneaked to the bag. One of the two people in front of him seemed to be with him. He looked at me and I looked back to him. I could not stand watching someone being rubbed without telling her, so I moved my head closer to the lady and told her: your bag. She did not feel it. Then the bus stopped on the red light, and everyone moved a bit. I saw the hand still crawling inside the bag. He must did not get any thing precious yet. The other man still looked at me. Why did he not try to warn the lady beside him? He saw the hand. The hand was just beside his chest. He must be with the pocket picker. I tried to tell the lady again: your bag, someone is stealing things from your bag. She realized it and moved her bag to her chest. The thief took back his hand slowly and pretended nothing happened. The lady did not scream. And I did not know I should scream or not.
The bus stopped and it was our turn to get off the bus. The pocket picker got off the bus, too. Richy still did not know what happened. I graped Winston's hands tightly and walked as fast as I could. I was afraid that the thief would show his knife and revenge. But he walked back to the bus stop and very soon got on another crowded bus to find his next target. What a scary bus trip. It was my second bus trip and I felt like experiencing a thrill movie.
After I was sure of our safety, I told Winston and Richy what just happened. Winston kept asking me what the pocket-picker looked like, why he stole, why he cut other's bag, why the lady did not find out, how ..... I regretted telling him the story already.
Richy did not comment much because he was too dizzy after the bus trip. He told us to be more careful next time. How could he be so calm for my story?

沒有留言: